Airbus Operations Limited
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other’s expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary – on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Are you interested to work for an organisation where a safe and healthy workplace including well-being is genuinely valued?
Is your mission to ensure health and safety is part of the business culture?
Currently we are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join the UK Environment Health and Safety team based at Broughton, North Wales.
As a Health and Safety Advisor you will support and enable the business to create an inclusive, values-driven and engaging working environment with the highest safety standards.
- Support the implementation of EHS UK policy for occupational health and safety management.
- Provide professional and pragmatic support for the business, helping to drive improvements on a day to day basis.
- Assist the business to prevent injury, ill health and loss, ensuring the organisation reduces its accident and incident rates.
- Ensure all accidents and incidents in the business area are reported and appropriately investigated, and all necessary improvement actions recorded and tracked to completion.
- Assist the business to identify potential hazards that could lead to injury, ill health and loss by actively supporting the risk assessment process whilst also ensuring the control and management of risks within the work environment.
- Undertake periodic compliance audits and other appropriate monitoring activities.
- Assist the business with development of tools and processes to support effective health and safety management, compliance, data capture and reporting.
- Assist the local business areas to deliver safety training strategies that meet the needs of compliance, policy and production.
- Maintain a local meeting structure to ensure effective communication and consultation with internal stakeholders.This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
- Minimum NEBOSH Occupational Health and Safety Diploma / degree level H&S qualification.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role reporting to and working with key stakeholders in a dedicated safety advisor role.
- First-hand experience of formal risk assessment techniques.
- Relevant experience in engineering, manufacturing and technical working environments.
- A considerate team player who also has the ability to work autonomously on their own initiative with a positive attitude whilst working to the expected Airbus behaviours.
- A clear understanding of the pragmatic and practical application of health and safety standards.
- Good working knowledge of office IT systems and software.
- Experience of machinery safety and / or Construction Design & Management.
- Knowledge of Environment risk management.
- Project management skills.
- Occupational Hygiene knowledge.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business; if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the Recruitment Business Partner who contacts you.
Closing date for applications: Friday 10th April 2020
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.