Health & Safety Assistant
Kidderminster or Humber (dependent on applicants preference)
A vacancy has arisen for a Health & Safety Assistant to join Wienerberger UK.
The role will be based at either our Waresley site in Kidderminster (DY10 4JB) or one of our sites based around Humber (Sandtoft, DN8 5SY / Broomfleet, HU15 2GS or Goxhill, DN19 7EN) dependant on the successful applicants’ preference.
Provide support and assistance to the UK Health and Safety Manager with the integration, maintenance, and protection of all Health and Safety standards and systems within Wienerberger Ltd.
- To provide general support and assistance to the UK Health and Safety Manager in all matters related to risk management.
- Provide assistance to the UK Health and Safety Manager in maintaining effective working relationships with Wienerberger Ltd Directors, Managers, Employees, Trade Unions, Contractors, Partners, or other Stakeholders.
- Effectively manage and control the Health and Safety aspects of the Approved Contractors List.
- Coordinate all correspondence relating to Employee and Public Liability claims; ensuring the central database is kept updated accordingly, whilst the strictest confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To provide administrative support to Occupational Health; and assist with Employee Liability claims which may require access to employee and previous-employee medical records.
- To collate, maintain, and provide written reports for all Health, and Safety statistic data as directed by the UK Health and Safety Manager.
- Contribute to the production and issue of training materials, documents and training manuals (training certificates, training packages, monthly safety pack, standards manual etc…)
- To play an active role in the maintenance of the “H&S Training Calendar” and “Training Needs Analysis” Programme.
- Liaise with enforcement agencies in conjunction with the UK Health and Safety Manager on all matters relating to Health and Safety.
- Actively participate in two-way communication, sharing, and exchanging relevant and timely information within the H&S Department, Central Support Services, and at a site local level.
- Attend the Departmental Meetings as scheduled to provide regular updates on all H&S related matters.
- Maintain a healthy and safe working culture across Wienerberger UK.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Flexible and adaptable – able to travel to sites when/if required
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently and to tight timescales
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use MS office applications – PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Hours of Work: 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Meet our People: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x33ySVMtdE